Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Most Confusing Shower in the World

I recently had my first real road trip. I traveled from Austin, Texas all the way to Fort Walton Beach, Florida by car with my girlfriend and her parents. During the drive, I encountered Hurricane Alex who decided to say "Hello" a few times on the highway. As a precautionary measure, I took shelter at a Radisson Hotel in Baton Rouge, Louisiana where I discovered the most confusing shower in the world.



As you can clearly see, this is not your ordinary shower. This shower is the shower straight out of the Starship Enterprise. There are 2 shower heads, 6 jet streams, 3 dials or whatever they are called, a tub spout, and a mirror so you can see yourself scratching your head as you try to figure it all out.

I will begin first with the 3 dial knob handles. One dial controlled the the amount of water you wanted, the second controlled where the water would shoot out from, and the third controlled the temperature. Seems simple in theory; however, the designer of this contraption decided to label the temperature setting by degrees Celsius. So instead of turning the dial to the right towards Blue for Cold Water or towards the Red for Hot Water, you must turn the dial completely right until you figure out if you want 38 degrees Celsius or 10 degrees Celsius. I don't know about you, but doing temperature conversion in the shower after just rolling out of bed is the last thing I want to do in the morning.

The 6 jet streams certainly cleaned the hard to reach areas in full force. That's all I have to say about that. And no, you could not turn them off. This begs the question, "What's the point of having them on if you want to use the tub portion of the shower?" Answer: I have no idea! I don't even know why they installed a tub feature to this shower because there is no tub included with the shower. If you really want to argue that a marble slab barrier at 1 inch high is considered a tub, then I guess there was a point to having the tub spout after all.

The shower heads were also confusing. Remember how one dial controlled the shower heads and the tub spout? This dial allowed you to select whether you wanted water to appear out of the tub spout, the top shower head, the shower hose, or all three at once. Why all three at once? Maybe you are trying to give your Goliath Tortoise a good hose down before your present him to the county fare.

After spending at least 15 minutes trying to figure how to set the temperature and control the powerful water jets, I would have to say I had never felt cleaner in my life.

If you are down for a funky shower and willing to pay the room fee, stop at the Radisson Hotel of Baton Rouge, Louisiana located at 2445 South Acadian Thruway. It's a great spot to spend the night with great Cajun food within a mile radius. Seriously. Mudbug Po-Boy Sandwiches are awesome. I highly recommend you try one.

1 comment:

  1. Dude now that was effin' hilarious. Keep it up, I for sure will be your most adamant reader.
    -Gino

    ReplyDelete